New blog started about Endpoint Manager

With the grouping of ConfigMgr, Intune, Co-management, Desktop/Analytics, Device Management and Admin Console under the name "Microsoft Endpoint Manager - I have started a new blog https://endpointmanager.blogspot.com/ to cover my findings with that product.
Please follow me there.


BGInfo to display User Principal Name (UPN)

To make BGInfo display UPN / Logged On Username
(This will display what the user uses as logon name)

Open your *.bgi file
Create a custom field by clicking "Custom.."
In the User Defined Fields dialouge click "New.."
In the Define New Field dialouge enter the following:
Identifier: Logged on Username
Replace Identifier with: Mark "Registry value" and "64-bit registry view"
Path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\LastLoggedOnUser

Add your newly created field by marking "Logged on Username" and then click "< - Add"


Prevent desktop shortcut creation for Google Chrome

To prevent Googe Chrome installation to create a dekstop shortcut I needed to do two things:

1. Delete the shortcut created in the public folder
Run command line: Powershell.exe -Command "&{Remove-Item 'C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Google Chrome.lnk'}"

2. Replace the master_preferences file with one that contains the setting "create_all_shortcuts":false
Run commandline: Powershell.exe -Command "&{Copy-Item '.\master_preferences' 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application'}"
(where this step is configured to use a package containing the modified master_preferences file)


Attending Microsoft Ignite in Orlando

This year Microsoft Ignite is held at OCCC in Orlando Florida, I'm there learning about the latest!


Export members of a collection to a .csv file

Go to:
\Monitoring\Overview\Reporting\Reports\Asset Intelligenc\Hardware 01A - Summary of computers in a specific collection
Select a collection and run the report.
The report can then be exported to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, TIFF File, MHTML, CSV, XML, Data Feed


Different / New Content ID after application migration

I just recently run into a problem using shared distribution points, some applications would just not download anymore.
After some troubleshooting I found out that the application had different Content ID when I compared the source- and target application.
Then I found this great aticle to explain the issue:



100 000 visitors!

Today, this site just had it's number 100 000 visitor!
Thank's for visiting!